Drying of Raw Blood Directly in the Disc Dryers
ASTW 160 sqm stainless steel blood dryer with recycling screw conveyors. Capacity up to 50 tons of raw blood per 24 hrs.
The process of drying blood using preheating / coagulation, decanting and drying of the decanter cake gives the problem of what to do with the stick water.
Pumping it down the drain gives a pollution problem. Installing a waste heat evaporator is costly and mostly not feasible.
ASTW Presents a simple and efficient method of drying raw blood directly in the Rotary disc dryer using dried material recycling.
- You only need an all stainless steel, low maintenance disc dryers and a few screw conveyers.
- • Full recovery of the protein.
- • A very high protein quality and content with a nice red/brown color of the dried product.
- • Other materials such as sludge from the bottom of tanks or blood water can be processed as well.
- • All water is evaporated in the dryer without the pollution problems, but at the expense of slightly higher steam consumption. An optional condensate return system will save approx. 12% of boiler fuel consumption.